Left On Green
We’re working hard to minimize our environmental impact.
Check out our initiatives so far:
1. Green Cards. We sell and distribute our debut album on download cards that can be planted after use. NO WASTE!
2. Organic Cotton Tee Shirts
3. The Chocolate Revolution
4. CD replication with recycled materials and soy inks
5. Join our Green Book Cub!
It’s Easy Being Green
9 steps Courtesy of Repower America
1. Change a Light Bulb – Replacing one regular light bulb with a compact fluorescent light bulb will save 150 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.
2. Drive Less – Walk, bike, carpool or take mass transit more often. You’ll save one pound of carbon dioxide for every mile you don’t drive.
3. Recycle More – You can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide per year by recycling just half of your household waste.
4. Check Your Tires – Keeping your tires inflated properly can improve gas mileage by more than three percent. Every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere.
5. Use Less Hot Water – It takes a lot of energy to heat water. Use less hot water by installing a low flow showerhead (350 pounds of CO2 saved per year) and washing your clothes in cold or warm water (500 pounds saved every year).
6. Avoid Products With a Lot of Packaging – You can save 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide if you cut down your garbage by 10 percent.
7. Adjust Your Thermostat – Move your thermostat down just two degrees in winter and up two degrees in summer. You could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide a year with this simple adjustment.
8. Plant a Tree – A single tree will absorb one ton of carbon dioxide over its lifetime.
9. Turn off electronic devices – Simply turning off your television, DVD player, stereo, and computer when you’re not using them